Wait. I don’t know who the chic is. But if you clicked on the blog title real fast, there is a woman in your life that you can’t STAND! Sadly, I’ve been there a time or 2 (or 3), but after returning from the brink of “stank-eyeness,” I discovered a lot of my dislikes have more to do with me than… that chic.
Now don’t get me wrong, you will run into a few som’n ain’t right women, those women who really seem to be operating under dark forces; even the look in her eyes creeps you out. I vehemently acknowledge that you will encounter one or two women of that ilk; however, other ones may prick some other issues you may have with yourself.
So who am I to say why you don’t like that chic. How did I get so brazen to believe I can distill why you’re throwing shade at your sister into a mere list of five? Well, I’m a woman; and I thought this would be fun. I love a challenge, and I am quite sure that somewhere in the comments, some Who’s That Lady will reel me back in. And guess what? I’m good with that. So let’s carry on, shall we?
- She is intent upon evil. I started out with this one, because I figured I’d lose you if I put it at the end. It is true, there are some women out there whose every move is precipitated by her need to stomp on others to make herself feel better. She is hell bent on stealing someone’s thunder, killing someone’s enthusiasm, and destroying someone’s credibility (see what I did right there). The wickedness in high places ALWAYS seems to be at her place. Most women who regularly operate within the troublesome threesome (steal, kill, destroy) are women who probably should get shade thrown on them on the regular. And you know, God got a lotta shade to throw around. So you just stand back and see the magnificence. My advice: Get away. Stay away. Pray away. Ain’t nobody got time for that!
- She magnifies at least one of your secret indiscretions. Sometimes its not the woman as a whole you can’t stand, but there’s this one thing she does that just goes all over you. You want to hide somewhere when she does it, because it embarrasses you! A lot of times, when you run into that chic, you avoid her because she makes public the very thing you do (and are ashamed of) in private. She is a constant reminder of how you haven’t dealt with that issue (you know that issue). As a result she becomes your nemesis, simply because she’s your alter ego. If you are special enough for God to show you this, just know God loves you! He is giving you an opportunity to be delivered from your Sasha Fierce! Take it and run.
- She has something you wish you had. This is a hard one to admit to, because no woman really wants to say, “I wish I had that.” But there is a secret place and time when all of us have said it. Some of us even go so far as to analyze why she doesn’t deserve what you wish you had, and furthermore, why we deserve it more than she does. I have heard it said so many times, that if we knew how some people gained their status, capital, red-bottom shoes, we really wouldn’t want it. Still, the struggle is real, especially when you need a transmission in your 2001 Honda Accord and you see old girl riding around in a 750. It will make you feel, some kinda way. The key to overcoming this is getting some delight in your life. Delight in the Lord and if you want that 750 and it’s in His will that you get it, those wills will match up for your new set of wheels. Won’t he do it? Yes He will.
- She is not afraid. I’m about to cut myself on this one. How in the world does she do that? Isn’t she worried about? Doesn’t she think about? What if she? That’s a shame, she’s not thinking about anybody but herself. A lot of times we fail to walk the water because we are afraid of drowning. As my husband says, “we’re too busy watching the wind” (you betta preach Reverend Malone). Then when we see someone else walking on water, we dog her out because she didn’t give drowning a second thought. She. Is. Not. Afraid. This is what makes us afraid. If you see a woman that is not afraid, that means she’s gittin it. If you are are afraid, you’re not. Now let’s put this in perspective, I’m talking about women of God. Fearless. Bold. Strong. Beautiful. Brave women of God who walk the water no matter that the wind is whirling all around her. We see that and we criticize because she’s too dangerous. A woman needn’t do all that. But if you wanna get som’n you gotta do som’n. Faith without works is dead. Believe that.
- You are feeling unworthy. Ladies, you know I had to take you back to the mirror, because numbers 2 and 3 can leave you feeling as if you aren’t worthy of forgiveness for or deliverance from your indiscretions, or as if you don’t deserve better than where you are. That is certainly an untruth. Fearful and Wonderful, my sisters–that’s Bible back in the day. Unstoppable and Fierce, my sisters–that’s Bible 2014. How easy we forget that our own unique beauty is as fearful and wonderful as that other chic’s. Stop and tap into what this means in God’s kingdom. We can’t see ourselves as God sees us, all sparkly and shiny and new; but, God sees us, and if we trust Him, we have to trust that we are fabulous despite the secret sins and the missing Jaguar in the garage. Those things are not who we are. Those things don’t give us worth. So we should open up and let God continue to pour His worth into us so that we can feel worthy. I’m sure that’s what those other chic’s are doing. You too, can feel worthy, because you are worthy. Get in a position of worth and watch your worship change.
Again, I am NOT the authority on the why behind the what. But I have been around too many women to count. I’ve watched from afar and in close proximity. The struggle is real. We don’t have to struggle though. We just need to seek God and ask him to show us who we are not only in the flesh, but in His spirit, so that we can know how important we are to others and the kingdom. Soon those five little problems will change to five little reasons to love on your sisters.